WHO WE ARE:
We’re an independent, community-based organization working with people who understand that crime has both causes and consequences. We believe in the importance of accepting responsibility for wrong doing, and dealing with the causes and consequences of crime in a progressive manner.
Communities have effective, just, humane practices that support positive social outcomes.
JHSS assists individuals who are at risk or are involved in the criminal justice process by providing prevention, intervention, support services and advocacy.
- People have the right to live in a safe and peaceful society and the responsibility to ensure humane consequences when this right is infringed.
- Every person has intrinsic worth and must be treated with dignity, equity, fairness and compassion by the community and the justice and social service systems.
- Every person has the potential to become a responsible citizen.
- Every person has the right and responsibility to be informed about, and involved in, decisions that affect them within the justice and social service systems.
- Justice is best served through measures that prevent crime, resolve conflicts, repair harm and restore peaceful relations in society.
- Independence, integrity and partnerships are important for community-based organizations to fulfill their vital role in addressing the causes and consequences of crime.
“If Not Us, Then Who?”
WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY
|Collaborative Partnerships||Collaborative partnerships to address issues in the justice
and social service systems
|Educating/Advocacy|| The leading voice on issues and service delivery in the justice
and social service systems.
|Marketing|| The public, government ministries, other community-based organizations and our staff know and understand who we are, what we stand for, and how we
contribute to public safety.
|Service Delivery||Quality, responsive, effective programs and services.|
|Human Resources|| A respectful and progressive environment where employees and
volunteers are valued and supported.
|Sustainability||Integrating sustainability in a way that adds value to the organization, community and beyond, by inspiring others and enlisting their help in the common pursuit of innovation in policy, practice and knowledge.|
|Innovation||Promoting a culture of innovation – considering new creative ideas that are implemented.|